Thursday, November 3, 2016

The mind of someone else

If I could see into the mind of someone else I would have a hard time deciding who. I would probably pick someone who has a disability. Just to see how they see the world and how they function in it. Just imagine the mind of a person unable to see. Their surrounding might be different in their minds compared to people with sight. When you go and get a glass of water you really don't think about it to much but in the mind of a blind person it is more than getting a glass of water. It starts at finding the cupboard, feeling around all of the smooth cups and plates, then carefully grabbing a glass. Next walking to the sink, one step at a time. Once there, slowly feeling around for the nob of the faucet. After that, placing the cup under the flowing water until the water touches your fingers. Now you have a glass of water. Getting a glass of water in your mind might be easy but for a person with a disability it becomes more of a challenge. I think some people forget how nice they have it because I sure did. Today I tried to get a glass of water with my eye closed and it did not work out so well. 

Sorry if I offended anyone this blog wasn't trying to make fun of people, it was just to show how all sorts of people view the world and how some people have it easier than others. So you should be thankful for what you have.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment